Next week is a big one for Blizzards Team-based shooter, Overwatch, as it is their first anniversary on the 24th. The game has been building a huge playerbase since its launch and considers to hold an amazing amount of momentum for gamers and e-sports fans. Overwatch, if you haven’t heard of it, is a team-based shooter featuring a fully diverse cast with a pixar-like art style that plays incredibly competitively but is still accessible enough for non-hardcore gamers to find enjoyment.
Blizzard have confirmed details for the upcoming Game of the Year Edition of Overwatch, which looks like it is going to be packed with all kinds of goodies for new players to enjoy. Of these are some items that gamers owning the Day One edition own, as well as some that can only be unlocked in other ways. The GOTY edition will be available from the 24th of May.
- Overwatch® – 10 Bonus Loot Boxes
- Enjoy 10 bonus Loot Boxes which each contain random items that can be used to customise the appearance of your heroes, and personalise them. Loot Boxes may include Skins, Emotes, Victory Poses, Voice Lines, Sprays, and Highlight Intros, as well as Credits you can use to acquire many different customisation options.
- Overwatch® – Hero Skins
- Pay homage to the original Overwatch strike force by wearing the vintage Blackwatch Reyes or Strike-Commander Morrison skins. Explore other heroes’ origins with Overgrown Bastion, Security Chief Pharah, and even Slipstream Tracer!
- Heroes of the Storm® – Tracer Hero
- Jump into the Nexus with Tracer and surprise your enemies in the blink of an eye.
- World of Warcraft® – Baby Winston Pet
- Adorably cuddly and highly intellectual, the Baby Winston pet will be at your side as you fight your way through Azeroth.
Diablo® III – Mercy’s Wings
- Slay demonic forces throughout the High Heavens and Burning Hells as you don Mercy’s wings. All of Sanctuary will know of your allegiance to Overwatch!
- StarCraft® II In-game Portraits and a Hearthstone® Card Back!
- With portraits of Tracer, Reaper, Pharah, Winston, Bastion, and Soldier: 76, you’re sure to become a champion of the Koprulu Sector. You can also battle it out in Hearthstone with an Overwatch-themed card back fit for a hero!
There is also a free weekend coming up for the title. This is set to be on the 27-30th of May, so anyone that hasn’t yet checked out the game can see what all the fuss is about.
Be sure to check out the anniversary video for the team-based shooter below.